I went back and forth on making Easter outfits this year. It took me so long to decide, that I ended up with less than two hours to sew anything. My husband’s tie and my skirt didn’t get any further along than the cutting-out stage. But the kids were well dressed for the holiday.
My two older boys wanted bow ties, like last year. Jonas chose a long tie. Both versions were made using vintage Simplicity 8785, just graded down to fit my smaller men. Ivy’s dress is based off a doll pattern I picked up at the thrift store. I didn’t realize it was for dolls until I got it home. But it was easy to size up, with only the bloomers giving me any trouble. I had plans to shirr the front, then add a button placket down the back with just two buttons at the top to make a pinafore-like look. Then I looked at the clock and the button placket idea was scrapped and I just sewed up the back seam. I had already hemmed the bottom and only shirred partway, so the back looks pretty funky. But it was passable for the day and I can easily cut the seam open and fix it.
You know, when I get around to it.