Assignment One completed!
using this(linen and a partial Moda Charm Pack in Santorini)
notice it looks a bit like a pillow case. It also fits like one.
I didn't add the darts, so maybe if I go back and add some it will fit better. I hope so, because I really like it other than the 5 inches or so of extra fabric around the waist.
I did the open welt seams on either side of the fabric strip
And I totally love how that turned out. I want to use this technique on everything now. It's just fun and adds a nice demension.
I also love the embroidered flower, very much
Once I figure out how to make it fit me better, I'll probably put up a tutorial for it on my regular blog. If/when I do, I'll link from here.
Tomorrow: more seams! woo hoo!
Edited 2/1/10: I put in four darts and the skirt fits wonderfully!
Tutorial is now up on my regular blog.